Our Core Values
Over the past few months, we’ve been traveling to culinary and hospitality education programs across the state talking about our Core Values. For candidates, these values are the soft skills that make potential employees not just employable, but amazing in what they do.
But we didn’t leave it there. We have also set a standard for our community of hospitality workers, whether they are looking for new employment or not, as we come together to improve and celebrate our industry. And finally, we have cast a vision for our employers, asking them to support the growth of their own employees and represent the industry well in their communities.
This statement was written in collaboration with our affiliate partners, the Arkansas Hospitality Association and Pulaski Technical College’s Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institute, with counsel from a valued client, the Capital Hotel.
If you would like us to come to your establishment (educational or business) to give a presentation about our Core Value statement, send us an email to let us know. The program length and detail can be customized to your needs.
Core Values Statement
August 1, 2014
– Values continuing education
– Supports each other and learns from each other
– Improves the status and perception of our industry
– Believes in exceptional customer service
– Is proud of our industry
– Support the growth and education of their employees
– Are a positive part of their communities
– Are profitable and growing
– Demonstrate maturity, respect and professionalism
– Are honest
– Constantly seek to improve themselves
– Look for positive solutions
– Do things the right way, even if it’s harder
– Are moving upward in their careers
– Believe in earning pay and consideration rather than being entitled to it