Looking for an excellent entry-level position where you can learn all about the food industry? Interested in learning from an experienced chef about all types of foodservice operations? Are you reliable to get the job done, keeping our kitchen clean and ready? You might be a good fit for the Steward position at Sysco Arkansas. Apply today and we will be in touch with next steps.
This position is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe Kitchen/Office environment. Performs job in accordance with Preferred Work Methods.
· Remove all trash and debris from the kitchen and surrounding areas.
· Clean up any spills of product or other foreign matter.
· Operate dishwasher, ovens, fryer, grill, griddle.
· Clean kitchen floors, walls, tables, equipment and refrigerator/freezers.
· Clean surrounding areas, dining room, bathrooms, drink station and store room.
· Clean vent a hoods baffles and organize product, equipment and any food prep.
· Follow daily schedule as assigned by supervisor to insure continuous sanitation maintenance program.
· Maintain kitchen in a clean and safe working environment.
· Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor.
Abilities and Skills: – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate is regularly required to sit, walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands or arms; talk and hear. Must be able to bend and stoop to reach on a continuous basis to pick up trash and debris from the floors and cooking areas. The vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a continual basis.
· Ability to use brooms, mops, squeegees, deck brush, cleaning chemicals, and commercial kitchen equipment.
· Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in both oral and written form.
· This position requires the ability to read written instructions, reports, and other documentation.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are necessary.
Preferred: – High School diploma or G.E.D preferred.
· Previous sanitation and food prep in a commercial kitchen environment is highly preferred.