Upscale casual full-service dining in Lonoke, Arkansas? You bet.
The all-star team at The Grumpy Rabbit is on par with fine dining establishments in bigger cities, but with a local flair and a work family that can’t be beat. We’re looking for a top notch Steward/Dishwasher (preferably with some entry-level restaurant experience, such as dish, steward, or other back of house position) to round out our “Grumpy Dream Team.”
You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay, flexible scheduling, even health benefits and a 401K for full-time employees. (See “About The Grumpy Rabbit” for more benefit details.)
Click “Apply for Job” at right and we’ll be in touch with next steps!
The Steward is responsible for washing and cleaning tableware, pots, pans, and cooking equipment as well as maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Promotes, works, and acts in a manner consistent with the mission of The Grumpy Rabbit.
- Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand.
- Keeps dishwasher clean and immediately reports any functional or mechanical problems to the Kitchen Manager.
- Monitors dishwasher water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Maintains kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Places clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Maintains adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Maintains adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Sorts and removes trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Sweeps or scrubs floors.
- Stocks supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
- Cleans food preparation and production areas as required.
- Receives and stores supplies.
- Cleans garbage cans with water or steam.
- Transfers supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Handles tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinates with and assists fellow team members to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Work experience as a Steward, Line Cook, Prep Cook or other entry-level role in a restaurant preferred
- Flexibility to work in shifts, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
- Ability to multitask and remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environmen
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or applicable work history required
- 1+ years’ experience working in a restaurant, bar or hospitality setting preferred
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work in a busy restaurant environment that may involve exposure to extreme heat or cold.
About The Grumpy Rabbit
The Grumpy Rabbit is looking for great employees to build our “Grumpy Dream Team” in Lonoke, AR! We are seeking out qualified candidates who love to provide great service!
WHY WORK FOR THE GRUMPY RABBIT:
Fun, family environment
Great opportunities for growth
Monthly food and beverage trainings and workshops
Health Insurance and 401k
WHAT OUR GREAT CANDIDATES HAVE:
• Great attitude and warm smiles
• Passion for food and serving our customers
• Willingness to learn
• Eligible to work in the U.S.
• 19 years old to Serve
• 21 years old to Bartend
Our vision for The Grumpy Rabbit is to serve both Lonoke residents as well as people from surrounding communities and visitors passing through town. We want Lonoke to thrive and be prosperous and believe that leading by example and running a successful business will attract others to the area and inspire similar investment. Our hope for The Grumpy Rabbit is that as an anchor for revitalization, it will become a central location that draws foot traffic to historic downtown Lonoke. Additionally, as we employ both full-time and part-time staff, we are excited to bring new families to Lonoke, and know they will love the area as much as we do!