Looking for a new, unique venue to exercise your years of culinary experience? Have you been in culinary management (sous chef, kitchen manager, etc.) or looking to move up to your first management position? The Hot Springs Village Property Owners Association wants to talk to you about becoming their next full time Sous Chef!
As Sous Chef, you’ll enjoy top pay with benefits, beautiful surroundings, great people and a unique, multi-venue environment (you will be assigned to one specific venue). You’ll also receive discounts on golf, swimming, and fitness center access.
In addition to assisting the supervision of kitchen staff and food production, the Sous Chef must be able to plan menus, manage and project budgets, oversee inventory, monitor food safety, create and document recipes, and other related tasks as outlined below.
An associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or two to three years’ experience and/or training is required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Click “Apply for Job” at right and apply today!
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
SUMMARY In combination with Food & Beverage Manager (FBM) and Dual Restaurant Manager (DRM), Sous Chef will be responsible for kitchen department including staffing, menu planning, ordering, vendor monitoring, food production, inventory, catering, and budgeting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- As directed by FBM/DRM, monitors major kitchen operating expenses and margins reporting all issues to restaurant management.
- Ensures highest quality cleaning/sanitation program is followed throughout the kitchen operation. Entire kitchen must be cleaned according to FBM/DRM direction on a nightly basis.
- Creates theme menus, decorations, banquets, and special events.
- Coordinates with FBM/DRM ordering amounts, inventory levels, timing of orders, receiving, invoice settling, and equipment maintenance.
- Inspects, selects, and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl, and other food products in order to maintain the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items ensuring minimum product loss.
- Maintains quality of food products and ensures consistency in food delivery and standards ensuring minimum product loss.
- Creates recipes and support materials such as recipe cards, descriptions, and/or pictures.
- Ensures proper monitoring of storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products to comply with health Department regulations and FBM/DRM guidelines.
- In combination with FBM/DRM, oversees Cooks and Kitchen Staff.
- Assists FBM/DRM to ensure effective orientation and continued training is provided to new cooks and kitchen staff.
- Works closely with FBM/DRM to monitor business volume forecast and plan accordingly in areas of food costs and other kitchen expenses.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular attendance required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years’ experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
REASONING ABILITY; Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to talk and hear using good communication skills. The employee frequently is required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Hot Springs Village Property Owners' Association
Since 1970, Hot Springs Village has been one of the most sought-after communities in Arkansas for retirees and families from across the U.S.
Spanning 26,000 acres of the Ouachita Mountains, Hot Springs Village is the largest private, gated community in North America and is home to 12 lakes, nine professionally designed golf courses that are available to residents year-round, 15 professionally surfaced tennis courts, fishing, boating, water sports, 30 miles of walking trails, more than 200 clubs and organizations and numerous additional activities for all ages.
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas, has been a golfer’s paradise since its beginning fifty years ago. We are just a 20-minute drive from historic Hot Springs and 45 minutes from Little Rock, Arkansas’s capital city. If you are looking for great food, you are never short of choices in Hot Springs Village. Our six restaurants serve a variety of cuisine options so you can enjoy a nice date night or a casual meal with friends. Many of our locations offer outdoor dining, so you can enjoy the beauty of the Village while you savor your meal.