NOTICE: Operations at Capital Hotel are currently closed due to the COVID-19 outbreak, but we hope to be up and running again soon. Please apply and know we will reach out to you once we know a specific date of re-opening.
The Capital Hotel seeks a Server for the Capital Bar & Grill. Please review requirements below.
Pay rate is $4/hour plus gratuities.
If you have interest in this position, please click “Apply for Job” and send us your information. We will instruct you further on the next steps of our application process.
Include but are not limited to:
- Greet and serve all guests in a gracious and professional manner
- Maintain a positive personality with guest and co-workers
- Follow safety procedures and policies to ensure a safe working environment
- Prior to opening, check assigned station for cleanliness and proper set-up
- Complete all necessary opening and closing side work, as per side work schedule
- Maintain knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Bus tables thoroughly throughout meals
Skills and Requirements
- Completion of high school is required
- 1-2 years of previous food service experience is preferred
- Must report to work on time, in proper uniform and in compliance with all Hotel appearance standards
- Thorough knowledge of proper beverage, liquor and wine service
- Must be able to operate point of sale equipment
- Must be able to work positively while under pressure
- Ability to maintain positive morale and professional attitude
- Required to pass our background and driving record check
About Capital Hotel
We are people who choose to matter. We do not act out of convenience. We act because we care which is often inconvenient. We value knowledge, embrace change and respect like-minded people. We treat people like family because are one.
• Givers, thinkers and creators
• People who act with emotion
• People who are indispensible
• People who do more than just enough to get by
• People who believe what we do is an art, not just a job
• Act in a way that makes people smile
• Behave remarkably
• Connect with our guests and co-workers through friendship, attention to detail and genuine concern
• Become aware of people who are unhappy and strive to correct the situation
• Choose to learn and to respectfully teach others
• Choose to think creatively and to share our ideas
• Communicate openly, effectively and respectfully
• Help whenever and wherever needed
• Do things the right way, even if it’s harder
• Keep our culture evolving with your positive attitude, thoughts and actions