Upscale casual full-service dining in Lonoke, Arkansas? You bet.
The all-star team at The Grumpy Rabbit is on par with fine dining establishments in bigger cities, but with a local flair and a work family that can’t be beat. We’re looking for top notch Servers (preferably with at least one year of full-service dining experience) to round out our “Grumpy Dream Team.”
You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay, flexible scheduling, even health benefits and a 401K for full-time employees. (See “About The Grumpy Rabbit” for more benefit details.)
Click “Apply for Job” at right and we’ll be in touch with next steps!
This position provides friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return again and again.
- Monitors and observes guests dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service and responds promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
- Collects payments from guests.
- Writes guests’ food orders on order slips, memorizes orders, or enters orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepares checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Takes food or beverages orders from guests.
- Checks guests’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serves food or beverages to guests, and prepares or serves specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Presents menus to guests and answers questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services
- Informs guests of menu changes and daily specials, and makes recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Cleans tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
- Prepares hot, cold, and mixed drinks for guests, and chills bottles of wine.
- Rolls silverware, sets up food stations or sets up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Stocks service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Explains to guests how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Prepares tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Removes dishes and glasses from tables or counters and takes them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assists host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Performs cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Brings wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses and pours the wines for guests.
- Escort guests to their tables.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fills salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Describes and recommends wines to guests.
- Thanks guests for their visit and invites them to return.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinates with and assists fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and supports the operation of the restaurant.
- Fills-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Proven restaurant serving or waitering experience
- Hands-on experience in cashier duties
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Patience and customer-oriented approach
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Strong organization and active listening skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to multitask and remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or applicable work history required
- 1+ years’ experience working in a restaurant, bar or hospitality setting preferred
- Completion of ServSafe Food and ServSafe Alcohol courses preferred
- The ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work in a busy restaurant environment that may involve exposure to extreme heat or cold.
About The Grumpy Rabbit
The Grumpy Rabbit is looking for great employees to build our “Grumpy Dream Team” in Lonoke, AR! We are seeking out qualified candidates who love to provide great service!
WHY WORK FOR THE GRUMPY RABBIT:
Fun, family environment
Great opportunities for growth
Monthly food and beverage trainings and workshops
Health Insurance and 401k
WHAT OUR GREAT CANDIDATES HAVE:
• Great attitude and warm smiles
• Passion for food and serving our customers
• Willingness to learn
• Eligible to work in the U.S.
• 19 years old to Serve
• 21 years old to Bartend
Our vision for The Grumpy Rabbit is to serve both Lonoke residents as well as people from surrounding communities and visitors passing through town. We want Lonoke to thrive and be prosperous and believe that leading by example and running a successful business will attract others to the area and inspire similar investment. Our hope for The Grumpy Rabbit is that as an anchor for revitalization, it will become a central location that draws foot traffic to historic downtown Lonoke. Additionally, as we employ both full-time and part-time staff, we are excited to bring new families to Lonoke, and know they will love the area as much as we do!