Bella’s Kitchen, a small, independently-owned business serving families with small children in the Central Arkansas area, seeks a part-time Prep Cook to help us with our growing operation. We work out of Arkitchen Commercial Kitchen on West Markham in Little Rock.
Prep Cook (Must work weekends)
We are currently seeking a passionate, positive, and hardworking individual to join our team. We are a performance-based culture and reward hard work and exceptional results with competitive compensation and opportunities for growth. This position will work weekends and up to 20 hours a week. Pay is $12-15/hour depending on experience.
The Prep Cook is responsible for preparing ingredients for cooking including portioning, chopping, and storing. This position will prepare food with different methods of preparation and use a variety of tools and equipment.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Will have knowledge of food preparation and production for volume restaurants and completes assigned prep work and beautification duties.
• Will be able to read recipes and memorize and replicate food production procedures.
• Will have the ability to understand and follow directions from others and is able to work well in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
• Possesses a clear understanding of weights and measures and has proficient math skills.
• Must have the ability to perform multiple functions at once.
• Will have knowledge of health standards and the ability to communicate effectively. Ability to comply with the Health Department and other governmental agency regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Ensures dishes and cookware are sanitized and available as needed. • Maintains daily cleanliness and maintenance of 3-compartment sink.
• Cleans and sanitizes the kitchen prep area throughout the shift.
• Allowed to wear a comfortable uniform: t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes
• Advancement opportunities and salary growth potential
• Closed on Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day. Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day weekends.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as required.
- At least 1 year of related experience or training/education preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced kitchen environment with strict deadlines.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent can-do attitude, strong work ethic, and great team spirit
- Must be able to bend and lift up heavy weights (<25 lbs.)
- Ability to work in multiple roles throughout the kitchen.
- Knowledge in food safety policies.
Bella’s Kitchen is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About Bella's Kitchen
As a parent, we understand it's hard to balance life while trying to raise little ones. Feeding them nutritious food is not easy on your own. Bella's Kitchen makes you feel great about feeding your little ones with convenient ready-made wholesome food.