Upscale casual full-service dining in Lonoke, Arkansas? You bet.
The all-star team at The Grumpy Rabbit is on par with fine dining establishments in bigger cities, but with a local flair and a work family that can’t be beat. We’re looking for top notch Prep Cooks (preferably with at least one year of professional back-of-house line experience) to round out our “Grumpy Dream Team.”
You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay, flexible scheduling, even health benefits and a 401K for full-time employees. (See “About The Grumpy Rabbit” for more benefit details.)
Click “Apply for Job” at right and we’ll be in touch with next steps!
This position cooks and prepares a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads, and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
- Promotes, works, and acts in a manner consistent with the mission of The Grumpy Rabbit.
- Refers to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Understands and complies with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstation area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Stores food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Prepares a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, or desserts, according to customers’ orders or supervisors’ instructions, following approved procedures in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Takes and records temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Washes, peels, and cuts various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Places food trays over food warmers for immediate service or stores them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Portions according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and wraps the food or places it directly on plates for service to guests.
- Weighs or measures ingredients.
- Mixes ingredients for green salads, molded fruit salads, vegetable salads, and pasta salads.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Removes trash and cleans kitchen garbage containers.
- Assists cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed and provides cooks with needed items.
- Carries food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Uses manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Promptly informs supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and orders needed items.
- Makes special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches.
- Stirs and strains soups and sauces.
- Uses the Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products; does not rely on the memory of oneself or others.
- Completes opening and closing checklists and assists others in opening and closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinates with and assists fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and supports the operation of the restaurant.
- Fills-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent kitchen administration knowledge and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organization and active listening skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to multitask and remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or applicable work history required
- At least one year of cooking experience preferred
- 1+ years experience working in a restaurant, bar or hospitality setting preferred
- Completion of ServSafe Food course preferred
- Completion of vocational school or a two-year associate degree preferred
- The ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work in a busy restaurant environment that may involve exposure to extreme heat or cold.
About The Grumpy Rabbit
The Grumpy Rabbit is looking for great employees to build our “Grumpy Dream Team” in Lonoke, AR! We are seeking out qualified candidates who love to provide great service!
WHY WORK FOR THE GRUMPY RABBIT:
Fun, family environment
Great opportunities for growth
Monthly food and beverage trainings and workshops
Health Insurance and 401k
WHAT OUR GREAT CANDIDATES HAVE:
• Great attitude and warm smiles
• Passion for food and serving our customers
• Willingness to learn
• Eligible to work in the U.S.
• 19 years old to Serve
• 21 years old to Bartend
Our vision for The Grumpy Rabbit is to serve both Lonoke residents as well as people from surrounding communities and visitors passing through town. We want Lonoke to thrive and be prosperous and believe that leading by example and running a successful business will attract others to the area and inspire similar investment. Our hope for The Grumpy Rabbit is that as an anchor for revitalization, it will become a central location that draws foot traffic to historic downtown Lonoke. Additionally, as we employ both full-time and part-time staff, we are excited to bring new families to Lonoke, and know they will love the area as much as we do!