The Capital Hotel seeks On Call Private Dining (Banquet) Servers for the AM shift.
If you have interest in this position, please click “Apply for Job” and send us your information. We will instruct you further on the next steps of our application process.
Include but are not limited to:
- Serve guests in a neat, orderly, efficient and professional manner
- Maintain knowledge of proper set up and service for all functions including breakfast, lunch, dinner, reception, buffet, etc.
- Ensure all banquet equipment is clean, polished and chip free
- Conduct breakdown and cleaning duties as assigned by the Captain
- Maintain knowledge of proper food, wine, coffee and tea service
- Maintain cleanliness of the back of the house
- Adhere to policies as put forth in the Capital Hotel Employee Handbook
- Attend quarterly meetings
- Read and understand standard BEO’s and seating charts
- Maintain knowledge of Banquet set-ups to include, classroom, theater, hollow, square, etc.
- Communicate effectively and politely with all guests and colleagues
Skills and Requirements
- Completion of high school is preferred
- 1-2 years previous serving experience is preferred
- Must become TIP’s or Alcohol Awareness certified
- Ability to adhere to Capital Hotel grooming standards
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, climb and reach regularly
- Ability to left up to 50lbs. on a regular basis
- Flexibility to work a variety of day, night and weekend shifts, including holidays
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to read and understand BEO’s
- Ability to carry out safety and emergency procedures
- Must be able to work positively while under pressure
- Ability to maintain positive morale and professional attitude
- Required to pass our background and driving record check
Capital Hotel, hotel, banquet, server, service, waiter, waitress, on-call, on call, as needed, Little Rock
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About Capital Hotel
We are people who choose to matter. We do not act out of convenience. We act because we care which is often inconvenient. We value knowledge, embrace change and respect like-minded people. We treat people like family because are one.
• Givers, thinkers and creators
• People who act with emotion
• People who are indispensible
• People who do more than just enough to get by
• People who believe what we do is an art, not just a job
• Act in a way that makes people smile
• Behave remarkably
• Connect with our guests and co-workers through friendship, attention to detail and genuine concern
• Become aware of people who are unhappy and strive to correct the situation
• Choose to learn and to respectfully teach others
• Choose to think creatively and to share our ideas
• Communicate openly, effectively and respectfully
• Help whenever and wherever needed
• Do things the right way, even if it’s harder
• Keep our culture evolving with your positive attitude, thoughts and actions