Upscale casual full-service dining in Lonoke, Arkansas? You bet.
The all-star team at The Grumpy Rabbit is on par with fine dining establishments in bigger cities, but with a local flair and a work family that can’t be beat. We’re looking for top notch Line Cooks (preferably with at least one year of professional back-of-house prep and/or line experience) to round out our “Grumpy Dream Team.”
You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay, flexible scheduling, even health benefits and a 401K for full-time employees. (See “About The Grumpy Rabbit” for more benefit details.)
Click “Apply for Job” at right and we’ll be in touch with next steps!
This position cooks meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepares and portions food products prior to cooking. Also performs other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
- Promotes, works, and acts in a manner consistent with the mission of The Grumpy Rabbit.
- Inspects and cleans, and maintains food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensures food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers, roasters, and other kitchen equipment.
- Ensures freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality of products served.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to support a smooth service period.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all food products and supplies according to restaurant policies and procedures.
- Turns or stirs foods to ensure even cooking.
- Seasons and cooks food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food, according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and serve food to servers or guests.
- Observes and tests foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carves and trims meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Substitutes for or assists other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinates with and assists fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and supports the operation of the restaurant.
- Fills-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent kitchen administration knowledge and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organization and active listening skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to multitask and remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or applicable work history required
- At least one year of cooking experience preferred
- 1+ years experience working in a restaurant, bar or hospitality setting preferred
- Completion of vocational school or a two-year associate degree preferred
- Completion of ServSafe Food course preferred
- The ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work in a busy restaurant environment that may involve exposure to extreme heat or cold.
About The Grumpy Rabbit
The Grumpy Rabbit is looking for great employees to build our “Grumpy Dream Team” in Lonoke, AR! We are seeking out qualified candidates who love to provide great service!
WHY WORK FOR THE GRUMPY RABBIT:
Fun, family environment
Great opportunities for growth
Monthly food and beverage trainings and workshops
Health Insurance and 401k
WHAT OUR GREAT CANDIDATES HAVE:
• Great attitude and warm smiles
• Passion for food and serving our customers
• Willingness to learn
• Eligible to work in the U.S.
• 19 years old to Serve
• 21 years old to Bartend
Our vision for The Grumpy Rabbit is to serve both Lonoke residents as well as people from surrounding communities and visitors passing through town. We want Lonoke to thrive and be prosperous and believe that leading by example and running a successful business will attract others to the area and inspire similar investment. Our hope for The Grumpy Rabbit is that as an anchor for revitalization, it will become a central location that draws foot traffic to historic downtown Lonoke. Additionally, as we employ both full-time and part-time staff, we are excited to bring new families to Lonoke, and know they will love the area as much as we do!