Culinary Arts Instructor
Ozarka College seeks applicants for a full-time Instructor of Culinary Arts in our American Culinary Federation (ACF) accredited Culinary Arts Program beginning at a mutually agreeable time but no later than August 2019 to begin the Fall 2019 semester. The position is a 9-month full-time faculty position. This faculty position, working under the direction and acting in collaboration with the Culinary Program Director, ensures excellence in teaching and learning by providing high quality, relevant, and valued instruction in their assigned classes within an Associate of Applied Science program.
The person filling this position will be expected to teach 15 credit hours of culinary coursework per semester, as well as being responsible for the following:
- Work with the Culinary Program Director to develop course syllabi, teaching resources, and related activities, as well as provide instruction for assigned courses as necessary.
- Work with the Culinary Program Director to support Ozarka key events, such as Foundation Fundraisers, Student Support Services counselor and transfer fairs, Board of Trustee events, and other College events as required by the Provost/President.
- Work effectively with the Division Chairperson and the Provost to develop, enhance, grow, and promote curriculum and the program. This includes the active recruiting of students.
- Effectively advise and register culinary students.
- Develop culinary continuing education opportunities for students and for community members in the culinary arts.
- Integrate culinary students into various catering events, both internal and external.
Other duties include: participation in departmental activities, institutional committee assignment, assessment, and appropriate professional development activities relevant for the position.
- An Associate Degree (Bachelor’s degree is desired) from an accredited culinary arts or hospitality program.
- National certification in the discipline, and /or three (3) years of directly related work experience.
- Current ServSafe certification or ability to obtain within 45 days of hire.
- Two years teaching experience, preferably at a community college.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the use of a computer as it relates to specific position requirements.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. To apply, submit detailed letter of application, an Ozarka Employment Application located at https://www.ozarka.edu/hr/index.cfm, résumé, copies of culinary certifications, unofficial copies of transcripts, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to:
Office of Human Resources
P. O. Box 10
Melbourne, AR 72556
(870)368-2002/ Fax (870)368-2094
Ozarka College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
About Ozarka College
Since its beginning in 1975, Ozarka College has been changing lives and communities throughout the north-central Arkansas region.
Ozarka College is a comprehensive technical college, offering associate degrees, technical certificates and certificates of proficiency that prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities or for entry into or advancement in the workplace. Additionally, the College offers adult basic education, continuing education and customized training for local businesses and industries.
As one of the top 50 fastest growing community colleges with less than 2,500 students in the nation, Ozarka College is dedicated to student success and maintains a low student-teacher ratio and personalized attention from instructors who care about each and every student.
Education at Ozarka is on the cutting edge, with traditional day and evening classes available at the main campus in Melbourne and locations in Ash Flat, Mammoth Spring and Mountain View to serve its service area of Fulton, Izard, Sharp and Stone counties. The College also offers a wide range of online classes that provides flexibility in scheduling for students with busy work and family schedules.
Ozarka College is committed to its mission of providing life-changing experiences through education.