Upscale casual full-service dining in Lonoke, Arkansas? You bet.
The all-star team at The Grumpy Rabbit is on par with fine dining establishments in bigger cities, but with a local flair and a work family that can’t be beat. We’re looking for a top notch Bartender (preferably with at least two years of bartending, restaurant or hospitality experience) to round out our “Grumpy Dream Team.”
You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay, flexible scheduling, even health benefits and a 401K for full-time employees. (See “About The Grumpy Rabbit” for more benefit details.)
Click “Apply for Job” at right and we’ll be in touch with next steps!
The Bartender provides timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for our guests. Each bartender’s primary objective is to show our guests such a great time, they will want to return.
- Promotes, works, and acts in a manner consistent with the mission of The Grumpy Rabbit.
- Prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the restaurant’s standard drink recipes.
- Accepts guest payment, processes credit card charges, and make change if necessary.
- Checks identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Cleans and sterilizes glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Balances cash receipts.
- Records drink orders accurately and immediately after having received them into the register system.
- Attempts to limit problems and liability related to guests’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading guests to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated guests.
- Stocks bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Presents drink menus, makes recommendations, and answers questions regarding beverages.
- Takes beverage orders from serving staff or directly from guests seated at the bar.
- Cleans bars, work areas, and tables.
- Resets tables in bar area.
- Mixes ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serves food items to guests seated at the bar.
- Slices and pits fruit and prepares other garnishes for drinks.
- Alerts Manager/Supervisor of guests’ who have become intoxicated, violent or acting erratically.
- Arranges and maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation, promotion of beverages, and attractive displays.
- Maintains cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Recognizes and learns the names of regular guests.
- Assists the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Reports all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to the restaurant manager.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinates with and assist fellow team members to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-ins for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Provides guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Knowledge of mixology for traditional and creative cocktails
- Understanding of unique and complementary flavor pairings
- Impeccable customer service and social perceptiveness
- Ability to evaluate customer satisfaction and responsiveness
- Ability to enforce company policies regarding the consumption of alcohol
- Accountability in maintaining inventory and processing payments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining professionalism at all times
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or applicable work history required
- Mixology course completion preferred
- 2 Years’ experience working in a restaurant, bar or hospitality setting preferred
- Completion of ServSafe Food and ServSafe Alcohol courses preferred
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work in a busy restaurant environment that may involve exposure to extreme heat or cold.
About The Grumpy Rabbit
The Grumpy Rabbit is looking for great employees to build our “Grumpy Dream Team” in Lonoke, AR! We are seeking out qualified candidates who love to provide great service!
WHY WORK FOR THE GRUMPY RABBIT:
Fun, family environment
Great opportunities for growth
Monthly food and beverage trainings and workshops
Health Insurance and 401k
WHAT OUR GREAT CANDIDATES HAVE:
• Great attitude and warm smiles
• Passion for food and serving our customers
• Willingness to learn
• Eligible to work in the U.S.
• 19 years old to Serve
• 21 years old to Bartend
Our vision for The Grumpy Rabbit is to serve both Lonoke residents as well as people from surrounding communities and visitors passing through town. We want Lonoke to thrive and be prosperous and believe that leading by example and running a successful business will attract others to the area and inspire similar investment. Our hope for The Grumpy Rabbit is that as an anchor for revitalization, it will become a central location that draws foot traffic to historic downtown Lonoke. Additionally, as we employ both full-time and part-time staff, we are excited to bring new families to Lonoke, and know they will love the area as much as we do!